Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lost cartoons finally see daylight.

They had been sitting there for years. Buried under a layer of electronic dust and sulking in the shadows of my hard drive. They made no noise. They bothered no one. They are four cartoons I did years ago but, for one reason or another, must have decided they were unworthy of publication. I discovered them last week while cleaning out some folders. Seems sad. They went through the same process as my published cartoons. They were born out of the same combination of ink and hope, only to be dismissed and eventually forgotten.

But that changed yesterday. To their surprise I dusted them off, added a bit of color, raised them above my head and placed them gently on my Beckhead Comics Facebook page. The lovable losers knew they weren't perfect. Maybe they couldn't generate as many laughs as their published counterparts. But from the top of the page, they could finally look down on the rest. They were finally on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment